Friday, October 20, 2006

This meme really IS Me… Me …

It started with Sharon. As so many things do … Then Gentleman Oracle zapped me …

Sharon has set up her very own meme and has asked for the following to be copied and pasted into the responses:

PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS
Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)


A few years ago I would have found this really hard. I didn’t like revealing too much of myself. But then I got the deal and found out I was part of the package. And since I publish under my own name, I’ve given up on the idea of anonymity …

On my website there’s a lot of personal stuff that I really agonised over including, but there it is. It feels like there’s not an awful lot more … But here goes ...

5 things about me that are not generally known:

• I talk backwards fluently

• I’ve been bombed by the US

• We once spent a whole day dressing up and acting out the Fellowship of the Ring in front of the video

• When I was 19/20, I spent a year drinking the equivalent of 30 shorts a day

• I spent a total of 9 years either pregnant (including 2 miscarriages) or breastfeeding

And now I tag Minx, Confucious, Skint, Pundy and Clare.

14 comments:

Caroline said...

There is no hiding from those pesky zappers!!!!!
I am confused by the talking backwards thing - how?????? That is impossible!
You clearly are a genius! I bow to you and from this moment on I shall call you my queen! :)
Cx

Anonymous said...

Talking backwards?? Bombed by the US??
Okay you'll have to elaborate.
This has been so much fun!

Debi said...

Sey I nac klat sdrawkcab touhtiw yna melborp ... what's more I can do it both phonetically and as it's written ... possibly the least useful skill ever???

Caroline - is it poss for me to be both queen and fairy godmother? Is this multi-tasking?

Leo - I was living in Grenada during the invasion in October '83.

And there I was thinking I'd chosen boring examples. I'd just decided I should have said that for 6 yrs I covered my hair but often worked (as a farm labourer) stripped to the waist. So at that time more people had seen my breasts than my hair ...

Anonymous said...

bugger

The Divine Mr. M said...

Hiya thanks for takiing the tag.

WOW to the talking backwards that takes some brain power.

I thought i wa sthe only person who liked dressing up and making videos. (notice i said dressing up and not undressing) It's amazing what you can find out about people.

This has been my faourite tag so far.

Which characters did you play in Fellowship?

Marie said...

Wow, talking backwards?

Caroline tagged me so I'll be posting mine up tomorrow. Don't know who to tag though, everyone seems to have done this one now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Debi. I too am seriously impressed by the talking backwards...and all of the rest of it, to be honest.

I'm trying to decide how to do mine - honest or flippant.

Sharon J said...

I used to drink moonshine... not sure how many glasses of ordinary spirit a glass of that stuff would equate to but I drank a hell of a lot of it. I was 27 and getting myself into a pickle. Why didn't I spend my time learning something useful like talking backwards instead? Seriously, I'm sure you could do something with that talent. Richard & Judy? Philip & Fern? I dunno... just a thought.

Unknown said...

So who were you when you dressed up in front of the video of Lord of the Rings? Hobbit, wizard or elf... or one of them others?

pundy said...

Okay, Debi, I'll do the tag - but somehow I doubt if my answers will be as interesting as yours.

First, though, I'll have to find out what isn't generally known about me. Right now I don't know what people don't know.

Anonymous said...

Can you see the headline?

PISSED AND PREGNANT HOBBIT GIVES BIRTH AFTER NINE YEARS. A SPOKESMAN FOR FOX NEWS SAID THAT THEY WERE FINALLY ABLE TO HELP AFTER THEY HAD INTERPRETED THE WORDS "BMOB EM PU".

Anonymous said...

I echo skint's sentiment.....

Saaleha said...

Gosh minx, you've summed her up real good.
The pregnancy, breastfeeding, and changing bum bit, I've been doing it for eleven years straight, with at least another three ahead.
Talking backwards, yes, damned useful!

Rutubet İnfo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.