Friday, October 27, 2006

Is a small gig a giglet?

Following the successful gig in June with the Dulwich reading group, I've been invited for a follow up in Rotherhithe.

Today Southwark ... tomorrow ... who knows? Maybe even ... Lambeth! Ooooh ...

Anyway details are:

7.00-8.30pm Thurs 9 Nov at Rotherhithe Library.
Address is Albion Street, SE16 7HY.
The Library is situated in Albion Street between the Norwegian Church (with the green steeple) and the Finnish Church.
There’s parking space outside and also lots of public transport options. Bermondsey Tube (Jubilee Line) is less than 10 minutes walk away. Rotherhithe Tube Station (East London Line) is 5 minutes away. Buses stopping at the big roundabout by the entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel include the 47 and 381 to London Bridge and the 188 and C10 to Elephant and Castle.

If any of you can make it, you just KNOW I'll be delighted to see you!

Incidentally, remember that link to the libraries? You can go in and enter an area and see how many of your books are in stock/out on loan etc.

Well ... for the last few weeks every copy of both my books have been out in Southwark! What a blast!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nirvana Bites is on the shelf in Chester & Macclesfield. There isn't a copy in Crewe but I'll request one along with a copy of Trading Titania once I get back.

Good luck with the giglet. I'm always so far away from important happenings.

Anonymous said...

You are in Cornwall Debi. Even my little library carries a copy and that is saying something!

Now, if you could just make you appearances on a Friday/Saturday night there would be no problem. I could invade and we could party!!

Saaleha said...

Giglet - well that makes sense. Enjoy it. Were minx to drop by you could have quite a Gin inspired blast.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your giblet debi...I'm sure you'll be a hit

Marie said...

I won't be able to make it Debi, but good luck.

Anonymous said...

Btw Debi, the small balding one looks fine from this angle - does he know you called him weird?

Dave said...

I spend many miserable hours checking which libraries are stocking my book and if they're being borrowed. My hometown library doesn't even have a copy but for some reason I'm popular in Leeds and Manchester.

Debi said...

Thanks all.

Minx - does he know you call him the small balding one???

Welcome, Dave. Nice to see you here. I think the trouble is we get so little feedback that trawling library sites and Amazon rankings can become just the teensiest bit obsessive if we let it!

Think it's wonderful though that people are going into libraries to request copies. Though with the budgets for books so low ... nevertheless, it's hugely appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Debi, layout

looks fine from
this end....although
"%^&%£$&(&##/;..['##you're probably right ``¬`¬about them being a~~@+=_==-><>< bit weird.........

Anonymous said...

A small gig is a gigolo (as in Picolo) and I would love to go but unsure of logistics - Tardis being out of action and kids being in action... blah blah.
love, Meloney Lemon

Debi said...

'scuses, 'scuses, Melony ...