It's traditional at this time to look back, take stock and prepare to move forward.
So what has this old year brought for me personally?
- I finally finished The Gene Pool, the 5th book in the Nirvana series
- and started a new stand-alone novel
- The freelance editing has taken off and now comprises the bulk of my income
- Both children had measles
- and FB had his unforgettable barmitzvah
- As part of the National Year of Reading, I joined the Reading Connects Parents' Steering Group at FB's school
- and I'm also teaching at the Sunday classes at the synagogue
- Bookarazzi has gone from strength to strength and now includes nearly 100 blogging authors
- there were several births in our extended family
- and the sad loss of a friend
- the email list for my writers' group now has over 70 names
- one car died and we adopted another
- I read at an inaugural outdoor literary festival
- We are stress-free about where LG will go to secondary school as he'll be going to the same wonderful place where FB is doing so well
- Old friendships have become more deeply rooted and new ones are flowering
- Life is sweet
Wishing you all a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.