Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Year ... Old Debi ...

We're off later today to stay with dad for Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.

It's traditionally a time for contemplation and meditation.
The way things have been going recently, I'll just be glad if it's not constipation and medication.

Not that there's a problem with my bowels, I'm sure you'll be happy to know ...
... but my life does feel a teensy bit stuck at present.

This was the post I wrote this time last year.
Seems I still have a lot of work to do on some of those aims.
(Especially the 'ratbag in the morning' and 'shrieking over the homework' ones.)

But ...

... I'm now earning money from freelance editing ...
... and I give thanks that we'll be spending new year with dad again.

So there has been definite movement after all.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that your dad is okay - he must be if you are spending Rosh Hashana with him.
Peace and blessings and goodwill to you and yours over this special time.
Now, since my Hebrew and my Yiddish are non existent should I say Shalom or Mazeltov? Hmm... :-) Come on then, what's Happy New Year in Hebrew? And whatever it is, have a happy one!

Marie said...

Happy New Year, Debi. Hope your dad is much better.

Unknown said...

happy new year Debi, Debi's dad, the eldest, youngest and G. You've just made my day, because I'll have three less students tomorrow. No seriously, there was some serious religious talk going on this lunch time what with Ramadan starting tomorrow as well (this was between the kids, me I was checking my e mail and eavesdropping) then one of the kids came and pondered: "There are a lot of similarities between Ramadan and Lent." I just love it when that kind of talk goes on.

John said...

Gut mazel, Debi. Please tell your dad the whole blogoshpere wishes him well.

Anonymous said...

this is a great time of year for new year - january is for amateurs. x

Jan said...

Hello DEb and looking forward to resuming my blogging. Have a brilliant time with your pa.

Unknown said...

New Year blessings on your family, Debi.

Debi said...

You're all lovely! Thanks. Official greeting is Shana Tova, but anything said with heart is accepted with gratitude.

Shalom means peace. Mazeltov or gut mazel means good luck. All equally appropriate.

V - there are parallels between ALL the major religions' festivals - mostly based on the seasons.

Unknown said...

Hope you're having a lovely time with your dad, don't worry about the shrieking homework, I do that too - I joke that I should get paid for it! And mornings in our house - don't go there.

Go n'eiri an bothar leat - may the road rise with you.