Next weekend is our New Year. It’s a very different kettle of chop fish balls from the celebrations associated with 31st December.
We don’t get pissed, have parties, countdown the seconds … Instead it’s a time for spiritual reflection and being with the family. We also don’t have new year resolutions as such, though we do take stock and look back at what the previous year brought us and forward to the directions we’d like to move in. At least I do, but then my interpretation has always been a bit unique and personal …
So, here are some of my thoughts for the coming year:
• I will continue to blog most days …
• … but for a maximum of 2 hours per day – this includes posting, surfing, commenting and playing with my site meter.
• I won’t return to the blogosphere twice in the same day.
• If I can’t get on pooter but have a post in mind, I’ll write it in longhand and transcribe later.
• I will concentrate on my writing every day, although this may not always be in the form of words on the page.
• I won’t beat myself up if the word count isn’t going up as rapidly as previously. I will accept the blogging has to take time …
• I will continue to respond to personal emails as soon as I read them.
• I’ll try not to feel irritated or rejected when other people don’t respond as quickly.
• I will update ALL my anti-virus legions weekly.
• I will run regular scans.
• My children will be my number one priority. They always have been, but by this I mean that I’ll come off the blog on the occasions they want/need me but are only able to get a teensy fraction of my attention. (Not sure if this is achievable.)
• I’ll try to do positive visualisation without panicking along the lines of …’But if it doesn’t work, I’ll be crushed,’ aware that such fears inevitably negate the process.
• I’ll try not to be such an insufferable ratbag in the mornings.
• I’ll really really try not to lose my rag over First Born’s reluctance to do his homework.
• Ditto re the above over G overfilling the kettle, washing up under running water or using the car to go down the road.
• I’ll try to be honest and true to my beliefs – which means I definitely won’t be achieving the previous intention cos I’m RIGHT dammit!
So that’s it. I’ll let you know this time next year how I got on …