Monday, September 08, 2008

The slippers needed to be fur-lined

The first ever Pipe & Slippers open air festival was really cool.
OK. That's not strictly accurate ...
It was bloody f-f-freezing.

Which was a shame, cos the line-up was awesome:
Katrina Naomi (fab poet)
Paul Ewer (novelist - sorry - couldn't find link)
Alice Gun (lovely harmonies and weird and wonderful instruments)
Wes White (described accurately as 'uncategorisable' - but v funny)
Maki and Kola (free form jazz dancers that need to be seen to be believed)
Paddy Steel (P&S organiser reading from work in progress)
Jacqueline Walker (reading from Pilgrim State)
Stuart Silver & the Ukelele Orchestra (I expected a wall of sound from massed ranks of teensy string instruments - I saw instead one man with a surreal sense of humour that cracked me up)
Citizen Helene (sweet sounds)

It was an honour to be part of this line-up.
But I couldn't help wishing we had a roaring log fire or three ...

Meanwhile - I have to tell you that I can't be sure that I exist at this point in time.
G's back at work.
FB's back at school.
LG's in the Isle of Wight for 5 days.
And Blogger's playing up and it's been a bugger getting these links to work ...

So reminder me please ... who am I again?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like it was great, even if it was cold. It's nae great here either; a very mixed bag of weather.

I hope you had a wonderful reading, you aufor, you! As if you needed reminding... and speaking of encouragement...
I was reading (at the weekend) the story of John Boyle, author of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, whose fifth(sixth?) book has just been made into a film. He spoke of how his publisher dropped him after book two, but he had faith in himself and just kept on writing. I thought to myself, there's hope for me yet!

Anonymous said...

Says in your header, Author of Contemporary Crime Thrillers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great event.. I was thinking taking up pipe smoking meself...

Unknown said...

You are the queen of the merpeople- and a rather wonderful queen at that!

Debi said...

Babs - we should never forget: the people who make it (apart from those lucky few who hit the big time straight off - and stay there) are those who never give up!

Leslie - oh yeah. Thanks. I forgot that I put that there deliberately in case I forgot.

Mutley - you'd've loved it! Everyone was given chalk and asked to draw a dog on the tarmac. You'd've been in great demand as a life model.

Ab Van - I have legs and I'm a crap swimmer. Do I still qualify?

Saaleha said...

You is Debi of the beautiful spirit ;)

Debi said...

Aw shucks, Saaleha. Your spirit's pretty gorgeous too, y'know.

Thinking of you always and esp during Ramadan.

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.