Just because it's understandable that I should be totally obsessed about First Born's forthcoming barmitzvah, doesn't mean I should inflict it on all of you here.
But hey, it's my bloggy and I'll try if I want to ...
Let's break it down into numbers:
- 21 - number of barmitzvah-related Word docs on my laptop
- 7 - number of barmitzvah-related spreadsheets on my laptop
- 174 - number of people who have responded to invitation
- 17 - number of people who haven't responded but I suspect are coming
- 24 - number of people who haven't responded but I suspect are not coming
- 149 - number of people who have said they're coming to the synagogue service
- 157 - number of people who have said they're coming to the party
- 7 - number of people who have said they'd like to have a live music slot at the party
- 5 - number of weeks since we said FB didn't have to do the whole huge portion if he couldn't handle it - at which point everything clicked into place and he's going to do the lot after all.
- 3 - number of hours between the service and the party in which to get to the venue, set up and decorate the space, lay out the tables, set up the sound system, arrange the food etc, make the salads, change outfits ...
- 3 - number of weeks left before the big day!
- beyond number - number of wonderful friends who are supporting us. Couldn't do it without you, guys!