Thursday, May 15, 2008

The long and the short of it

Elizabeth Baines (fellow member of Bookarazzi) aka Fiction Bitch is a wonderful writer and one of those people I've been happy to have moved from my virtual life into my real one.

But being clever and talented doesn't always mean you get the recognition you deserve.

So I'm absolutely delighted to announce that Elizabeth's beautifully crafted book of short stories, Balancing on the Edge of the World, has been long listed for the Frank O'Connor Short Story Award!

Way to go, Elizabeth. It couldn't happen to a nicer person.
I'm doing the reflected glory and basking thing here ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That's wonderful! Congrats to Elizabeth.
Don't you just love that sort of good news!

Debi said...

Yep, Ab Van. Love it. Great when good things happen to good people.

Speaking of which you've had a pretty good time yourself recently, eh Mrs Vanilla?