Thursday, July 05, 2007

Women Who Read

A lovely ex-blogger emailed this to me.
I went to her blog to do the link and found - oh joy! - she's back!
And while we're on the subject of virtual comings and goings, look who's popped up here.
And how did I get THERE?

So - back to that email:

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.
Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out.
She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.


Along comes a Game Warden in his boat.
He pulls up alongside the woman and says,

"Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"
"Reading a book," she replies (thinking, Isn't that obvious?).
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," he informs her.
"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading."
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could
start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault,"
says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden.
"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know
you could start at any moment."
"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can
also think.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Debbie!

Unknown said...

Honey, I'm home!

Anonymous said...

As you know hun, I've left the odd post on my blog. I did miss IT and EVERYBODY but I really can't give it the kind of time it once had.

Life's cool. Keep reading :)

Debi said...

Cailleach - Debbie??? Careful or I'll start calling you Callyack.

Minxy - baby! Er ... close your eyes - there's a little surprise lurking in your comments ...

Shazza - you keep the balance. Having said that it's wonderful to see you back here.

Unknown said...

Brilliant!

And, Sharon, I share the feeling.

Balance, wozzat?

Unknown said...

Sorree - trip happy fingers, Debi.

Anonymous said...

this freaking good...and funny...and so true!

Thy said...

ahaha! that's hilarious. I should use that sometime...

S. Kearney said...

Hey there, don't forget to cast your vote in the lions writing circle contest. :) Only 3 days left to get your votes in at seak@caramail.com
See the circle blog for full details!