Sunday, November 12, 2006

I saw this and thought of all of you

I've been so uplifted and encouraged by the response I've received from all of you to my last few posts, chronicling some of my ups and downs. I don't know if you truly understand how much this means to me. 'Thank you' seems an inadequate response.

Someone just emailed me this and it's a natural for me to share with you.

NATURAL HIGHS

1. Being in love.

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No queues at the supermarket.

5. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

6. Hearing your favourite song on the radio.

7. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

8. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.

9. Chocolate milkshake ... (or vanilla ... or strawberry!)

10. A bubble bath.

11. Giggling.

12. A good conversation.

13. Finding a £20 note in your coat from last winter.

14. Running through sprinklers.

15. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

16. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

17. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

18. Waking up and realising you still have a few hours left to sleep.

19. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

20. Having someone play with your hair.

21. Sweet dreams.

22. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

23. Holding hands with someone you care about.

24. Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad) never change.

25. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you.

26. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

27. Knowing that somebody misses you.

28. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

29. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.


Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I add

Reading good/much awaited book on settee with mug of tea/favourite drink.

Watching a favourtine comedy programme and laughing at the same old jokes (particulary ones relevant to family and friends).

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That's lovely. Thanks for sharing, Debi.

Debi said...

And ...

* big mug of black coffee so strong you have to cut it with a knife and fork
* big bar of posh choccy
* finishing a chapter
* seeing the lightning fork
* gazing at the sea

* blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

Curled up in front of the fire with Nivana Bites.

Debi said...

curled up in front of the fire with Minx!

Anonymous said...

Ermmm...shall I get my coat?

Anonymous said...

oops - excuse me - sorry, I'll call back at a more convenient time ;)

Debi said...

Yep - that's right you two.

Pop out and get some nice choccy, will you? And a bottle of gin for Minx ...

Anonymous said...

Yep, off you go boys. I am sure standing out in the rain watching football/rugby would be preferable!