Thursday, November 02, 2006

A coven for all of us

I was a long way from home.
London to Cardiff.
Over 150 miles.
Three and a half hours travelling through golden Autumn sun-drenched landscapes under a clear blue sky.
Across the vast awe-inspiring expanse of the Severn Bridge, feeling as though I was crossing a small sea, not a mere river.
Into another country.

For just under 24 hrs I was removed from the familiar safety of my normal sources of shared love ...

And instead was enveloped by the kind of warmth and hospitality you would only usually experience in the company of your own family or old and trusted friends!

Making the shift from the blogosphere into Real Life adds so many rich new dimensions. It truly is a gift we're sharing here!

I was delighted to spend the first night in over 11 yrs away from my family (yes, really!) for such an occasion as the first launch of Coven of One. (There will be more ...) I don't yet have the perspective to know the significance of All This and how it fits into My Life, but there's one thing I do know - the relationships forged with Minx and her family, Skint and his family, and the wonderful crimeficreader are very special indeed.

I'd meant to turn off my mobile but forgot (bad Debi!). I'm glad I did though, because in the middle of the evening I had a text from Sharon - who was the first person to comment on both my and Minx's blogs and an early visitor to Skint's. How fitting was that???

Thanks to all of you who were there and who showed such true friendship ...
Thanks to all those who weren't there physically but whose spirit we felt so keenly ...

And most of all I wish Minx and Skint the very best of good things with your new adventure.

Glad I was able to travel this small but momentous part of the journey with you!

13 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm with you in wishing Minx and Skint lots and lots of happiness and success.
I received my Coven of One yesterday and spent the day reading it. She's a talented lass that Minx.
Glad you all had fun,
Cx

Anonymous said...

I've received mine! I won't start it just yet - I'm saving for special! A time when I'll be able to just relax and read with no other pressures. It has pride of place on the downstairs bookshelf where only special books are kept, though.

I was in doubt as to how much you would enjoy your trip, Debi. I was thinking of your all and downed a few glasses of voddy whilst raising a toast or two of my own :-)

Here's to writely success and friendship that reaches far and wide!

Anonymous said...

Oops... that should have been "... in NO doubt as..."

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to meet you in person Debi and what a good night!

Anonymous said...

Email from Susie this morning -
"Couldn't believe that you could bond with people over the net before meeting them. Totally wrong - Debi and Derec are gems, bring them again"
Think Big Fecker also wants to come and stay with you!

Thanks for lovely comments Caroline and Sharon, bit pink now!

Marie said...

Great post, Debi. Glad it all went well. Hope you felt my spirit with you all because I was thinking of you all.

Well done, Minx and Skint.

Marie said...

Sorry, reading that back it sounds like I used the word 'all' a bit too much!

Anonymous said...

Yes Debi, I don't have the perspective yet either, it was overwhelming in a good way - and amazing to meet you and the others

still blown away

Anonymous said...

I too add my voice in wishing them the best. What a huge accomplishment!

pundy said...

It sounds like a rather beautiful and wonderful evening. Like-minded souls I guess. A lovely post, Debi.

Debi said...

Yes - you were definitely all there with us ....

Minx - tell BF he's welcome to come and stay any time - just warn him not to expect the kind of 5 star accommodation that the fragrant and lovely Susie provided. (I never knew towels could be so white and fluffy!)

Just tell him we're near to the gutter but we're looking up at the stars. And sometimes we even get to play with them ...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about"Posh Bird" Debi - she probably nicked those towels from an hotel...........

Saaleha said...

Sounds brilliant. I'm glad it went off well, and that these amazing blogger buddies are even more amazing in person. All the best Minx and Derec (because skint won't do here)I hope all your future ventures are enormous successes.