Thursday, November 05, 2009

Are you a Collectormaniac?

This writing life sometimes throws up unexpected - and occasionally downright weird - opportunities.

I was contacted recently by the lovely people at Mystery Women.
(You may remember their review of Trading Tatiana.
And I just found this post that I wrote about them over 3 years ago.)

This clever bunch, whose aim is to 'raise the awareness and profile of female crime writers and provide a forum for enthusiastic crime fiction readers', has secured a stall at the forthcoming Collectormania event at Olympia on 28th and 29th November.

Just check out that link. Have you ever seen anything more glitzy? And this is an event you can come to yourself and meet with a dazzling array of mega-name slebs. It's run by Showmasters, who organise high profile signing shows mainly focused on TV & film actors, writers and directors.

For the Olympia event, rubbing shoulders with the Glitterazzi, will be a small band of brave authors and their books on the Mystery Women stall. I can't imagine many of the 100,000 people expected to attend over the course of the weekend will have come especially for the opportunity to meet one of us, but that's serious passing trade. And you never know ...

*Drifts off into fantasy of big-name Hollywood producer picking up a copy of one of my books and saying, 'Hmm. This would make an excellent movie. Let me just go over there and chat to John Barrowman and ask if he's free to take a starring role ... I predict this is going to be huge. Huger than huge ...'*

What? Oh yes. Sorry. Now, where was I?

Ah yes. So, it's an inexpensive day out for the collectormaniacs and should provide me with enough fodder for volumes of fiction and years of blog posts.
Steampunk zone anyone? Or maybe comics are your thing. Or perhaps you're a fan of Twilight. Or you like dressing up.
Then there are the guest days, photoshoots, autographs ...
And I'll have a guest pass and access to the Green Room.
I might even find out why it's called that ...

I could go on and on ... (and have been known to) so I'll stop there and just say that if you're going please pop over to the Mystery Women stall and say hello.

And if you're not, I will of course be blogging the experience. Just try stopping me ...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds fantastic - can't wait to read baout it

Kate xx

Queenie said...

I went into a Green Room once, in a TV studio. It was orange.

I hope you have a wonderful time, it sounds as if it could be great fun.

lowkeyhighflyer said...

Not planning to go to this one, but remind me to tell you about the time I went to a Buffy the Vampire Slayer convention...
Helen x

Debi said...

Kate - I might have to borrow your mask in order to look like a suitably mysterious woman.

Queenie - so why 'green' then??? What am I missing?

Helen - you're full of surprises. I look forward to hearing about that.