Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blogging from the dark side

All life is here in the blogosphere.
The good, the bad and the very deeply disturbed ...

We've all moaned about our own blogging nasties at one time or another.

But few of us have had to put up with a case of blog harassment so bad it has ended up in court.

And even if we had, it's doubtful we would have handled it with the intelligence, sensitivity and balance of Rachel from the north (who I mentioned here as a thinking blogger).

For Rachel's story pre-stalker - and evidence that she is the last possible person to either deserve or need the harassment - see here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Rachel's case is at the rarer end of the spectrum of blog/email troubles. I can only say how much I admire the way she handled it. To be honest I think I would have given up long before she did. Happy ending though, I hope!

S. Kearney said...

Gosh, I just find it incredible that things could come to that! I, luckily, haven't had a nasty experience in the blogosphere, and really hope the demons stay away! Like Minx, I think I might've tossed in the towel if I'd been pushed to those limits! Terrible.

Unknown said...

Wow, she is one tough cookie. There are some real weirdos out there aren't there? But I'm glad she took the action she needed to.

Anonymous said...

Cripes!!! I recently got blog attacked by a idiot who left huge 10,000 word long comments repeated again an again - his/her basis was my friendship with a controversial blogger. I nearly gave in just from that till i discovered comment moderation!"

Debi said...

Puts it all into proportion, doesn't it? That's not to say that the negative experiences any of us have had weren't really hard to deal with, but this one really raises the bar ...

Rachel said...

Thank you so much Debi, for your kind words and online support

Debi said...

Hi Rachel. Thanks are appreciated but unnecessary.