Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blahblahblahblahblah ...

How many words do you reckon you speak aloud each day?

The answer is 2-4,000 -

- if you're a man.

If you're a woman the answer is 6-8,000.

Now why do you think there's such a discrepancy?

I have my own theories, but I'd be interested to hear what other people think those extra words are ...

The image “http://images1.clinicaltools.com/images/suicide/talking.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

(I don't know how reliable these figures are. My source is a throwaway line on Have I Got News for You.)

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

According to HIGNFY, women say more words because they constantly have to repeat themselves, such as: Can you take the rubbish out? Have you taken the rubbish out yet? The rubbish is still here! Bloody hell you don't do anything around here! etc.

Anonymous said...

Dunno, babe.

Anonymous said...

"and" first foremost; "he" and "him" thereafter.
We females like to be personal, they don't! Men, that is!

Debi said...

!

Jan said...

I bet Paul Merton can work out the EXACT number of words spoken by everyone he knows on an average Saturday, for example..
He is one of the most logical people on TV...

Unknown said...

Love Hellojed's comment.

Debi said...

The last line of hellojed's quote was when the bloke finally responded with 'Stop nagging!'