Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm back ... sort of ...

My body's back in position, but it seems to be taking a while for my head to catch up.

We had a good time in Brighton - lots of long walks and even longer lie ins.
I don't think any of us had realised quite how much we needed the break.

Have you ever noticed that the sea looks different every single day?
It blows me away to think that it's the one place on earth that humanity can make no real impression on.
Sure it's polluted, but from the shoreline it looks the same today as it did when the dinosaurs stared out at it.

One day, we'll live by the sea ...

But for now, welcome to 2008 wherever you are and whatever you look out at.

4 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

One day I too shall live by the sea. Perhaps we'll be neighbours.

Debi said...

Now THAT would be nice ... Name the day, Zin!

S. Kearney said...

A VERY VERY Happy New Year Debs to you and yours. Ahhhh, the sea. I do need my burst all the time ... coming from a country surrounded by it (NZ). Landlocked Lyon does get XKIOZUHJKI!!, but then there are two rivers that go through it, so all is not dry. lol

Debi said...

Shameless - you've started the new year by speaking in tongues, eh?