We knew it was increasingly unlikely that G would be fit to run the marathon this year.
He ran on the belt at the gym earlier this week and again today and after a few miles his ankle protested.
Though there has been improvement, his osteopath has confirmed out feeling that it would be crazy to run 26 miles on 13th April.
But all is not lost!
He's applied to run in the North Downs 30k in June and we're holding sponsorship for SOS Africa over 'til then.
Click here if you'd like to donate.
Huge thanks to those people who have continued to sponsor him even though they knew he was unlikely to run. You make it all worthwhile ...