Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's that time of year again.

Another year ... another London marathon ...

This year my partner, Greg will be running his 8th marathon.
He's just turned 50 and, for those who don't know, is a maniacal runner who just happens to have insulin dependent diabetes.
Following a recent ghastly chest infection, he's also been diagnosed with exercise-related asthma.
Yeah. Like he needed that.

In spite of all this, he's still desperate to break the 3 hour mark.
(You can read about last year's dramatic attempt here.
And Greg's running story is here.)

Now for the important part:
He's running this year for SOS Africa and the charity guarantees that every penny raised will go directly towards paying for the care and education of the children who need it most.

I will of course be keeping you up-to-date with Greg's training and progress.
Meanwhile, you can donate directly to the charity by clicking on the widget ...
(which in the interests of accuracy should say sponsor him, not me. I just do the admin and carry the bags.)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, 'fess up, Debi - is he trying to run away from you - or run into your arm? ;-)

I hope the marathon goes really well and I think it's great that he's doing it for SOS Africa.

Debi said...

Running away from me is a simple task. I can just about manage a sprint to the toilet when I'm taken short. After that I need to lie down in a darkened room and take on lots of carbs (in the way of chocolate).

As for fundraising for SOS Africa, you know the part you've played in that decision. xxx

Sharon J said...

I remember last year's marathon. Fingers crossed that things work out well for him this year. Wasn't it refuge he was supporting last year?

Debi said...

Yep that's right, Sharon. Last year he raised more money than ever before thanks to the fantastic bloggy support he received.