Monday, July 07, 2008

Debi recommends ...


This book by Joanna Czechowska.

Jo is a member of my writers' group. The book was originally published in Poland but had never been through an editing process and wasn't available in English.
Her publishers agreed to produce an English language edition.
When Jo asked me to do an appraisal, copy edit and proof read for her, I was only too delighted.
Why? Because it's a great book of course.

I was asked to provide a cover blurb - this is what I said:

Intelligently written, with a wry and gentle humour, The Black Madonna of Derby provides a vivid and topical insight into three generations of a Polish immigrant family as they struggle to find a balance between two cultures.

You can buy either version here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great that Jo has published a novel! I was a colleague and friend of Jo's for many years. Say Hi to her from me at your next writers' group!

Unknown said...

Great news Debi - the novel looks very promising! Fair play to you for all your input and hard work!

Debi said...

Wow, Maxine! Talk about a small world ...

Thanks, Babs. I still want to know what you've done with Cailleach ...

Jan said...

The title alone attracts..

Anonymous said...

Hello Maxine
Lovely to hear from you after all this time. Are you still at Nature? If you get the book, hope you enjoy it!
love Jo

Debi said...

Jo - Maxine blogs at Petrona. Check her out!