Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Pipe Runneth Over

One of the things I missed out on during my absence was reporting back from the latest Pipe & Slippers.

This was the 3rd P&S event I've attended and it occurred to me that I've known at least one person in each of the (highly impressive) lineups.

First up was here, and Marie Phillips (fellow Bookarazzi buddy) was on stage as one of the eclectic and diverse performers.
Then here - blogmates John Ahearn and Barbara Smith (another Bookarazzi buddy) launched their poetry collections.
Most recently, Emma Darwin (also of Bookarazzi fame as well as living a few doors away from yours truly) read and so did Dan Maitland (who's in my writers' group).

The next P&S is scheduled for 7th Sept and is going to be a bit different this time.
The plan is to hold it in a marquee in Brockwell Park and call it Pipefest, or possibly Slipperstock.
The organisers promise it's going to be HUGE!

Once again someone close to home is scheduled to appear.
This time it's her.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, can I book the sofa again?

Debi said...

Permanently!

Anonymous said...

So how well do you know this rising star?

Debi said...

Um, quite well.

But my mum once told me I probably wouldn't like her much if I met her. I must have been giving mum particular grief at that point as it was out of character for her to say something so negative.

Unknown said...

OOOOOH! Pipefest/Slipperstock, how yummy... I wonder...hmmm.

Debi said...

Awww - go on, Cailleach. You know you want to ...

The chocolate cake from your last visit lasted only as long as it took you to get to the bottom of the stairs, but there's still some gin left!

Unknown said...

I'll have to see how the summer goes... I'd love to be there to support :)

Lucy Diamond said...

Ooooh...sounds fab. And what a star guest!

Debi said...

Cailleach - and you know we'd love to have you.

A Diamond says I'm a Star, Lucy? Perhaps I should rename this The Bling Blog ...

Anonymous said...

Or Lucy in the Sky with diamonds...
a song by the beatles
homelesschicken xx