Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back-to-Back Festivals

York!  This weekend!


There's an amazing line up of talks, events and workshops and I honestly can't wait.  On the personal side, Emma Darwin and I will be running the Developing Your Voice mini course on Friday.  I'm hosting a Breaking the Rules workshop on Saturday afternoon and I'm also doing a total of 5 hours of Book Doctor slots over both days.  That's when we meet the aspiring authors who have submitted a first chapter, synopsis and covering letter in advance for 10 intense minutes of critique and feedback.

Nicola Morgan has published a wonderful post, linking to another by Emma D, which describes exactly what we will be looking for in those submissions.  So if you can't make it to York, you can use their checklists to examine your own MS.  (And I owe a huge debt to them both for these posts which mean I don't have to write one myself, since they've said it all, and said it so well.)

I'm hoping to live blog the weekend again, as I did last year, so watch this space.

I'll be arriving back in London late on Sunday evening and then, before you know it, I'll be dashing over to the Telegraph Hill Festival with the East Dulwich Writers' Group on Monday evening, where we'll be reading from our second anthology, Hoovering the Roof 2.


At least that one won't take me several hours to get to.  Still, you can't have too many Festivals, eh?  And the last gig was a knockout, as you can see from this photo.

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Wow, Debi, I hope you manage to enjoy all that loveliness without wearing yourself out completely. Just as well you're coming to my house for a rest soon, I think you're going to need it!

Debi said...

I am soooo looking forward to that, Queenie!