Monday, April 26, 2010

Dog Days

G didn't do the marathon this year.
Regular visitors here will know that this is a break with tradition going back over a decade.

To be 100% honest, I was relieved not to have to go through that hideous  buildup in tension to marathon day this year.

Instead, we were all looking forward to a nice relaxing Sunday.  I was out with the boys and G went for his usual 10+ mile run.

All was going according to plan until G rang me to say he'd been bitten by a dog.  He'd been minding his own business, running round the park, when a yapping terrier shot towards him like a bullet and sank its sharp, bacteria-ridden teeth into his leg.

It was only a small wound inflicted by a small dog but he had to go to A&E for a tetanus jab.  When he heard G's diabetic, the doctor insisted he take anti-biotics as any infection could have serious consequences.

Grrrr!
(That was me, not the dog.)

I'm not sure it was better than a marathon build-up ...

7 comments:

Queenie said...

Poor G, what a horrible experience. Send him my love.

Unknown said...

Hope he bit it back!

Sue Guiney said...

Oh, Jeez. How awful. Hope he's ok!

Debi said...

He's fine. And actually, he kicked the dog and sent it flying. The owner was apologetic but appalled that G had been so aggressive to her baby!

Meloney Lemon said...

I always think of G when I'm running. 'Grab their whiskers' he says...'stops them biting! Hmm... so it doesn't work on Terriers then G ?

I too would have booted that pooch. Halfway across Peckham Rye.

irfan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.