Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wise words? Or just plain scary?

Who said this:

'Look at the state of this place. I only cleared up yesterday and now look at it. It's a disgrace. It's not on, y'know.'

Was it:

a) me
b) my conscience
c) my mum's ghost
d) the Cornish piskies
e) my 9 year old son

At different times it could have been any of the above.
This morning though it was e).

I don't know whether to be proud, chastened, ashamed, worried - or just plain terrified.

PS. Talking of having a way with words, Mel's back.
And she's more surreal than ever ...

6 comments:

granny p said...

Yeah well, it goes on. My 40 year old daughter accuses me of messing up her kitchen every time I go (crumbs etc when I make myself toast.) And I'm?? well no, I'm not saying.

Debi said...

Quite right too, Granny P. 40 year old daughter? You obviously hit puberty very early ...

Unknown said...

Please don't use the 'P' word - I am up to me eyeballs in hair and hormones.
Puberty - a time of great angst and horror for those who have to witness the slow and painful path to manliness.
I am down on my hands and knees praying to the Small Gods of Breaking Voices for deliverence from this hell!

What do you mean it never stops?

Anonymous said...

I thought it was the piskies!

Unknown said...

Tis more likely the words of yer lovely mum, Debi. I find things popping out of my mouth that I have heard somewhere before......

Jan said...

And yesterday looking at my knees in the bathroom, I realised they were my mother's...