Sunday, December 03, 2006

Welcome to my world!

I seem to be on multi-tasking megadrive at the moment!

Here are some of the balls I'm currently juggling:

  • Photography jobs are like London buses. You don't see one for ages, then 3 come along together. So that's 3 lots of taking pix, trips to lab, sorting, editing, labelling, invoicing, delivering ...
  • I'm on the judging panel for the Skint short story competition. My goodness, but some of you are amazingly talented writers! The overall standard is quite remarkable and includes stories that made me laugh, cry, howl in pain, ponder and fly ...
I've read them all and - with huge difficulty - have listed my choices. It was tough at the top, I can tell you! My criteria were: good writing (of course!), whether the story fitted the theme, whether it worked as a short story and whether it took me somewhere I hadn't been before.

Now Skint, Minx, Maxine, Clare and I have to try to reach a consensus!

  • All the usual parenting stuff: cooking, cleaning, shopping, washing, helping 11 yr old with homework, helping 8 yr old with homework, parents' evenings, cooking for First Born's primary school reunion, ditto for swimming club party ...
  • Visiting my dad (who lives on the other side of London - approx 100 mins away by bus and train)
  • Blogging - posting, commenting, surfing ... though not nearly as much as I'd like ... So please forgive me if I've been remiss in following things up.
  • Trying to get the flat in a (relatively) decent state for when the celebrity author comes to stay next weekend.
  • Writing - oh ... um ... sorry ... please can I have an extension ... I've ... er ... had a headache ... and the cat ate it ... and ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew Debi!

and here's me fretting about whether I should have a shave today or tomorrow - yawn - stretch

now where's that remote

Unknown said...

Goddess! You didn't say someone else was staying as well. I shall bring me posh pj's then.

Debi said...

Don't push your luck, Welshman! You're coming to MY manor this time ...

Minx - let me explain how blogging works. You click on the link, see?

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Dunno what you're moaning about....I had to get MYSELF up for work today......and then had to open my own beer bottles this evening....tsk

Debi said...

And how on earth are you going to cope this w/e???

Heart ... bleeds ... etc

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Perhaps my mum can come round......

Debi said...

you must be so relieved she has a new hip ...