Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just popping in (or is it out?)

Another brief break to catch up on other news.

It's less than a week to go to G running in the marathon and we're deep in the grip of the annual countdown mania. Donations to ALD Life are still coming in and so far we've raised more than we ever have before in a single event. Many many thanks to those of you who have donated. Needless to say, further donations will be more than welcome. You can do so online here.

I'm delighted to announce I will be hosting John Baker on the next stop of his virtual tour to promote his latest book, Winged With Death next Monday. I'll be posting a review, but I'm telling you now, it's a mighty fine book ...

I've started co-leading one day workshops for The Writers' Workshop with Emma Darwin. The next one is on Saturday at Waterstone's in Piccadilly. Apparently there are still a few places available, so if you fancy spending a day focusing on self-editing your novel, you can see more info here.

Meanwhile, if you're missing more news and views on the literary front that I would normally be posting here, do pop into Bookarazzi's jazzy new site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,still here.....
xxx homelesschicken

Gorilla Bananas said...

I've written a crime novel where the detective is a gorilla who makes Sherlock Holmes look like Elmer Fudd.

Debi said...

How wonderful to hear from you, dear Chicken. I often think of you. Hope you're feeling springy.

GB - I might well be impressed - if I knew who Elmer Fudd is ...